Hi my little holiday fairies.
Kelly here from Eclectically Vintage riding in on my sleigh to share a fun and festive craft.
There’s nothing prettier than seeing a ruby red cardinal on a snow covered day?
So I’m bringing the beauty of the cardinal inside.
Make a Cardinal Flower Cone
* piece of 12″ x 12″ scrapbook paper
* deckle edge scissors (optional)
* Cardinal printout
* glue stick
* hole punch
* baker’s twine or ribbon
1) Draw an arching line from the top left corner to the bottom right corner on the back of your favorite piece of scrapbook paper
2) Cut along the arched line and the two straight edges with deckle edge scissors (or use straight edge if you don’t have)
3) Rub glue stick on one straight side of the quarter circle cutout and press onto the other straight side – forming a cone
4) Cut the cardinal from the cardinal printout
5) Use a glue stick to stick the cardinal to the paper cone
6) Use a hole punch to put two holes on either side of the cone – about one inch from the top of cone
7) String twine through both holes and tie into a pretty bow at the top – leaving a few inches in the loop for hanging
8) Tie the cone to the back of a chair and add some greenery or flowers
Put one on every dining chair for a festive touch to any holiday dinner.
I’ve been decking the halls and trimming my oh so many trees for my Christmas home tour – come on over!
Need a fun craft idea – why not make your own reindeer (or Dasher or Dancer or Blitzen)!
Be sure to stop by Eclectically Vintage for more inspiration.