50 Great Gift Ideas for Crafters
Creating art, drawing, painting, and even sculpting provides some downtime with creative results. This makes arts and crafts supplies, kits, and artful goodies a great gifting option. To help you find only the best, I have created this arts and crafts gift guide so that you can find the perfect gift for your crafty friends!
You will find some fantastic art supplies, kits, and even some fun products that have artful displays.
I know that it can be difficult finding the right gift, but this arts and crafts gift guide should help you find that perfect gift.
Arts & Crafts Books & Kits
Books are always a great gift option, I think any of your crafty friends would love these!
- Hand Lettering for Relaxation: Use this workbook to create unique hand lettering masterpieces. There is even a guide to hand brush lettering. A great way to get a jump start on mastering an artsy skill.
- DIY Paint by Number Kit: Paint by number projects can be very relaxing. The end result creates a great masterpiece too.
- Cards to Color and Share: This set comes with 44 black and white cards that are ready to color. Use them to pass along to dear friends or neighbors.
- Ladies Drawing Night Book: Get together with friends and learn how to draw. With a little help from this book, you will be guided on how to draw based on that night’s project. A fun way to get friends together, through art.
- Around the World in 80 Drawings: Use this sketchbook to expand drawing skills by sketching different parts of the world.
- DIY String Art Guide: This book has 24 designs to make string art. The patterns range in difficulty level which makes it perfect for the beginner or more advanced string artist.
- Planner Stickers Bundle: These stickers make planning a little more colorful and interesting. Include a new Planner, and pick out a nice pen to create a creative gift for an artsy friend.
- Flower Origami Kit: Learn how to create delicate and beautiful flowers just by folding paper.
- SunPrint Paper Kit: Use leaves, twigs, and flowers along with the sun to create beautiful sun exposed prints.
- Magnetic Zen Garden Kit: Not all zen gardens are created equal. This one comes with magnetic sand that gives your zen experience a little kick.
- Woodburning Kit: The art of wood burning is a unique way to use heat to decorate wood. You can make signs, trinket boxes, and more. Pick up this book, Learn to Burn, to go along with the woodburning kit.
- The Artist’s Magazine Subscription: Give the artist on your list something to read with this magazine subscription.
- Street Art Book: This book gives you an inside look at art festivals around the world.
Rock Painting Supplies
Painting rocks can be a lot of fun. You can find local rock hunting groups by searching through social media groups. It is a great way to connect with your community.
- Paint Markers: The tips on these markers allow artists to create more detail when painting on rocks. They don’t smell, which is nice if you want to avoid getting a headache. Don’t forget a can of Clear Acrylic Sealer to keep those rock creations intact. You can also use these oil-based pens to write or paint on ceramics.
- The Art of Stone Painting: Use this book to get ideas and inspiration for all of the art creations you can make with a few smooth stones.
- Mandala Stones: This is another fun rock painting technique to learn that never gets old. All of the design ideas in this book pop with color and intricate designs. They’re easier to master than you think.
- Acrylic Paint Set: This set is full high-quality paint that comes in an array of colors.
- Artist Paint Brush Set: A nice set of paint brushes can make or break a painting. These brushes are double reinforced so the bristles stay put.
- Caran d’Ache Classic Water Color Pastels: An exquisite set of pastel crayons that can be used with water to create beautiful artistic creations.
- Easel: This wood easel can be used in a sitting or standing position. It can also hold canvas up to 7 feet tall.
- Drawing Set: Includes charcoal pencils, a pencil sharpener, and a kneaded eraser. The only thing they’ll need is a Sketch Pad.
- Wood Art Set: The ultimate set of art supplies, all tucked away in a nice wood chest. With over 140 pieces, this set has it all.
- Floral Washi Tape Set: Use this set of floral tape to add embellishments to greeting cards and other craft projects. I also like this set of Gold Foil Washi Tape.
- Color Escape Colored Pencils: A vibrant set of colored pencils that can easily be the cornerstone for several creations.
- Chameleon Pens: As you color with these pens, the color changes, which results in a stunning picture. If this set is a bit much, you can pick the Chameleon Pens 5 Pack for a more affordable option.
- Soft Leather Blank Journal Pad: After this journal has been filled up, you can refill the paper and start over again.
- Gel Pens: Perfect for journaling, coloring, and for making lists.
- Dual Tip Brush Pens Art Markers: You get the use of both thin tipped and thick tipped markers with this set. With 60 pens, there are plenty of colors to choose from.
- Start Where You Are Journaling: Use this interactive journal to kick-start a habit to journaling.
- Locking Utility Box: Now artists can take their favorite art supplies along with them in this box that has a combination lock.
- All Weather Notebooks: These paper notepads can be used in any type of weather without being ruined.
- Table Top Pottery Wheel: Make ceramic mugs, vases, bowls, dishes, and more with this pottery wheel that can easily be used at home.
- Ball Stylus Dotting Tools Set: Use these tools to emboss clay while making designs.
- Clay Sculpting Tools: Carve, shape, and mold clay with this huge set of tools. You will be able to create some incredible clay creations.
- Ceramic Studio Hand Building Book: Learn how to hand build ceramics with this guide that gives you step by step directions.
- 250 Tips, Techniques, and Trade Secrets for Potters: The secrets of the trade are spilled in this book that is full of tips and tricks to achieve any style pottery.
Artful Gift Ideas
If the artist on your list has all of the arts and crafts supplies imaginable, take a look at a few artsy gift ideas that caught my eye.
- Sterling Silver Pressed Flower Earrings: Dried flowers are pressed inside of glass, which makes this pair of earrings a gorgeous fashion statement.
- Tuscan Art Pottery Ceramic Jar Salt Holder: This hand painted ceramic salt holder is an art piece in itself.
- Handmade Tote Bags: Everyone can use a tote bag. These ones are handmade and come in a variety of patterns and colors.
- Recycled Vintage Mason Jar Drop Earrings: Now that crystal blue color you find on Mason jars can be worn thanks to these recycled earrings.
- Rustic Wooden Office Desk Organizer: Keep everything in its place with this rustic organizer that holds pens, pencils, paper, and other art supplies.
- Antique Arts Leather Journal Diary: The leather-bound diary has a tree embossed on the front cover as well as a brass lock that is like no other.
- Livescribe Smartpen: Use this smartpen to connect handwriting with technology.
To make the ultimate gift for the artist on your list, throw together a couple of items on the list to make your own DIY kit. Even though finding the right gift can be challenging, all you really need is a thoughtful and kind person behind the gift.
I hope you found some great gift ideas for crafters or any of your creative friends! I would love to hear what some of your favorites are as well.
Wow, thanks Karen! This is quite a comprehensive list of art goodies that we can use to gift ourselves too from time to time 🙂
Ha ha, I like the way you think Rupa 🙂 Spoken like a true crafter!