So here it is, the final post documenting my husband’s (Mr Fairy!) weight loss journey. You might recall in my last 2 posts, where I told you guys that my husband had decided that it was time to shed a few pounds. In my first post, I explained that by making just a few changes he had lost 4 pounds. And then in my second post, I talked about how he had lost an additional 11 pounds, on top of that, in less than a month! Well I’m happy to report that here we are 6 weeks later from where we first started, and he has lost a grand total of 17 pounds! He went from 223 – 206! Yay! According to Mr Fairy, this is the lightest that he has been in 20 years! Just to reiterate these are the changes that he made that brought about losing those pounds:
- For dinner he’s focused on eating a smaller portion of meat and a much larger portion of vegetables, as well as keeping an eye on the total calories
- Instead of eating a high calorie sweet for dessert, he satisfies his sweet tooth with a delicious Fiber One Dessert Bar or Cookie Bar
- He’s eating dinner earlier in the evening
- He replaced his breakfast (which was a high-calorie granola bar) with a Fiber One Dessert Bar
- He’s continued with his daily walks and/or evening bike ride
Here’s a little bit of info about the bars that he’s been eating. The bars are all less than 150 calories each; some are even 90 calories! And they come in delicious flavors like the New Cheesecake Bars in Salted Caramel Cheesecake and Strawberry Cheesecake! Cinnamon Coffee Cake is another great flavor! They’ve got Cookie Bars too… like their delicious New Soft Baked Peanut Butter Cookie, the New Crunchy Sugar Cookie and Chocolate Chewy Bars. Yum!! Each Bar has 20% daily value of Fiber as well, another important consideration at this stage in our lives! With Fiber One you don’t have to fight your instincts, or your sweet tooth! Go on. Have one. 🙂
For more info on Fiber One Dessert Bars check them out at the following places online:
- Official brand website: www.fiberone.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fiberone
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fiberone
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/fiberone
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/fiberone
GIVEAWAY And now for the Giveaway! In order to be entered for a chance at a $100 Visa Gift Card, tell me in the comments a tip that you have for cutting back calories?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/12/15 – 10/31/15.