Well it’s that time of year… when the old Holiday Wreath on the front door starts turning brown, and the needles are falling off. Not so festive looking anymore! I actually had 2 of these this year, since I used a second one in my dining room. I purchased both of these locally, but thought it would be fun to try making my own next year. I started to throw these out and then realized that … Hey! There are a lot of good useable parts on these things! So I grabbed them both and headed outside for the dismantling.
I used some wire cutters and wore gloves, those needles are sharp! Not to mention the wire pieces used to hold everything together!
And this is what I ended up with, it’s like a “wreath kit” all ready to go for next year! I’ve got faux berries, pine cones, velvet bows, icicle things, and 2 wire wreath forms. All I have to do is add some fresh greens and I’m good to go!
And as for the rest of the wreath…. I’ve added it to a little make shift compost pile in the back of our yard, where we typically put our yard waste, like weeds and things. So nothing went into the trash! Yay!