You might recall my last post, where I told you guys that my husband had decided that he had reached his limit, weight-wise that is, and was ready to make some changes in order to shed some extra pounds! In that post, I explained that by making just a few changes he had lost 4 pounds. Well I’m happy to report that here we are 3 weeks later and he’s lost an additional 11 pounds for a grand total of 15 pounds so far! Woohoo! Since Mr Fairy has always been fairly active, he focused on making smarter choices about what he eats instead. These are the changes that he made:
- For Dinner he’s focused on eating a smaller portion of meat and a much larger portion of vegetables… as well as keeping an eye on the total calories
- Instead of eating a high calorie sweet for Dessert, he satisfies his sweet tooth with a delicious Fiber One Dessert Bar or Cookie Bar
- He’s eating dinner earlier in the evening
- He replaced his breakfast (which was a high calorie Granola Bar) with a Fiber One Dessert Bar
- He’s continued with his daily walks and/or evening Bike Ride
Here’s a little bit of info about the bars that he’s been eating. The bars are all under 150 Calories a piece, some are even 90 Calories! And they come in delicious flavors like the New Cheesecake Bars in Salted Caramel Cheesecake and Strawberry Cheesecake! Cinnamon Coffee Cake is another great flavor! They’ve got Cookie Bars too… like their delicious New Soft Baked Peanut Butter Cookie, the New Crunchy Sugar Cookie and Chocolate Chewy Bars. Yum!! Each Bar has 20% daily value of Fiber as well, another important consideration at this stage in our lives! Mr Fairy loves all of the yummy flavors, he’s been crushing on the Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars for awhile now, but Cinnamon Coffee Cake is a close second! With Fiber One you don’t have to fight your instincts, or your sweet tooth! Go on. Have one. 🙂 I’ll be sure to update you guys on his progress soon! For more info on Fiber One Dessert Bars check them out at the following places online: Official brand website: www.fiberone.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fiberone
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fiberone
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/fiberone
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/fiberone
GIVEAWAY And now for the Giveaway! In order to be entered for a chance at a $100 Visa Gift Card, tell me in the comments which Fiber One Dessert Bar Flavor would you most want to try?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/21/15 – 10/31/15.