10 Best Mixed Media Techniques!
Today we’ve rounded up our 10 Best Mixed Media Techniques for you! We’ve searched through our Tutorial Archives here at The Graphics Fairy to find your favorite Mixed Media Tips and Techniques. Plus, we threw in a few Mixed Media Craft projects for inspiration! This is a great collection of some of our best Techniques for Mixed Media Art and Crafting. These fun, and sometimes messy projects, are perfect to use in your next Mixed Media and Craft Projects! In this post, you’ll find 10 links to Mixed Media Mastery! You can learn all of the FREE Techniques by clicking on the links below!
Mixed Media Techniques
1) HOW TO USE AGING POWDERS FOR DIY AND CRAFT PROJECTS! Learn how to use Aging Powders to enhance your Craft Projects. Aging Powders are a wonderful way to add a shabby, farmhouse faux rust finish to your crafting projects.
2) FAUX ENCAUSTIC TECHNIQUE! SOFTLY MYSTERIOUS LAYERS! Let’s find out how simple it is to create a multi-layered and mysterious artwork using The Graphics Fairy images.
3) EMBOSSED PAPER CLAY TECHNIQUE – USING EMBOSSING FOLDERS! Embossed Paper Clay is a breeze to create! Learn how to turn ordinary surfaces into richly detailed masterpieces with this technique.
4) DIY VELLUM TECHNIQUE – FAST AND EASY! It is possible to get the translucent look and distinctive feel of vellum with common materials. Learn how in this tutorial.
5) LEARN 7 DISTRESS INK TECHNIQUES! Distress Inks have some wonderful qualities that make them different from all other products out there. The dye-based inks are reactive with water, making them very versatile and super fun to craft with. Let’s play.
6) DIY FAUX ANTIQUE EMBELLISHMENTS TECHNIQUE – AMAZING! This technique can literally add another dimension to the priceless images here on The Graphics Fairy. Learn to add the look and feel of antique and patina encrusted surfaces.
7) HOW TO PRINT ON TISSUE PAPER! There are so many things you can do with sheets of printed tissue paper. Visit this simple but fun and very useful little tutorial.
8) WORKING WITH DISTRESS OXIDE INKS – UPDATED WITH VIDEO! These inks are a Hybrid Creature –Part Pigment Ink, Part Dye Based Ink, PLUS they Oxidize! You will have no END of fun experimenting with Distress Oxide Inks.
9) FAUX LEATHER TECHNIQUE FOR PAPER! Here is an awesome Faux Leather Technique. The basics of this technique have been around for awhile, but Heather shares a twist with you.
10) ANCIENT PARCHMENT TECHNIQUE – EASY! Heather shows us her favorite Ancient Parchment Technique. For an air of antiquity, this simple method is one she turns to often.
Mixed Media Projects Ideas
1) MAKE AN ALTERED ART TIN! This is a fun project created with some of the gorgeous Bird Themed Images that Karen has made available to us! Learn several techniques in this technique tutorial.
2) CREATE A MIXED MEDIA PAPER DOLL CANVAS! Combine two Graphics Fairy images with some simple Mixed Media techniques and what do your get? A lovely Mixed Media Paper Doll Canvas to give as a gift or enrich your home decor!
3) HEAT EMBOSSED ACETATE CRAFTING! Let’s take a look at what’s possible with a sheet of acetate. Dig out your favorite stamps, raid the cleaning supply closet, play with Reverse Painting to Create Shimmery Magic!
You might also like the Mixed Media for Beginners, available in The Graphics Fairy Courses Here. Learn the basics of Mixed Media Design. In Mixed Media for Beginners we will cover some basic design principles, but please know that there are no hard and fast design rules. We will be playing with various components to generate layers of richness, texture, and pigment.
Hello! Are you new to The Graphics Fairy? Welcome, I’m so glad you’re here! Browse around to find thousands of Stock Images that you can use in your projects or designs! I post new Vintage images every day, as well as projects and DIY’s too! Need more info about my site? Try my FAQ page.