50 Free Wall Art Printables!
Today I’m sharing my 50+ favorite free instant art printables! Whenever I’m able to purchase a full page antique prints or plates that would look great framed, I get super-excited!
These are all larger size printable images, suitable for framing, as-is. The prints are all antique images I’ve found on my travels, scanned in, and cleaned up, so they’re ready for you to hit print and frame.
Click on the links next to each description to be taken to the original post and image. Enjoy!
WOMEN AND COSTUMES
1) French Queen Opera Costume Print. This one is a fantastic 1830’s print of a queen dressed for the opera in a beautiful fur-trimmed pink gown. The image of the queen standing shows her intricate dress, complete with jewels and tiara!
2) French Woman with Bird on Hand. This wonderful old black and white etching is of a “Lady of the Court of Louis XVth“. This fashionable French woman is holding a tiny bird, and just look at the fancy tiny cage she keeps him in. This is a nice one for your Marie Antoinette projects. She would be beautiful colored in too!
3) French Actress Print. This lovely costume print shows an actress with a regal dark blue dress with lace & fur trims. She wears a blue banner across her shoulder, and her hair (or wig) is piled high on her head, with a pretty pink ostrich feather in her hair.
4) Beautiful Fairy Bride. This fairy wears a flowing white gown with a veil. She is standing in the grass, and the cutest beetle is holding her train. This pretty print is a black and white etching with the prettiest yellow touches on her dress and green on the plants.
5) Godey’s Ladies Print. This one is a Victorial fashion print from 1855. These ladies look so stylish with their tiny waists and full skirts. One woman is wearing a gold colored gown with a blue ribbon in her hair. The other woman is wearing a pretty white tiered dress with blue accents.
6) Winter Fairy. This fanciful print shows a Winter Fairy with a black and white gown, magic wand, and large hat. She is riding a brown horse with icy bridle and reins. Adorable angel children carry the fall leaves away in the whipping wind.
FLOWERS, LEAVES, AND A TREE
7) Red Rose Vintage Printable. This one is a lovely red rose vintage printable. This marvelous antique print of a perfect red rose came from an old nursery catalog and is likely 100 years old. According to the caption this is a Madame Victor Verdier.
8) Passion Flower. This is another beautiful instant art print of a passion flower vine from an 1855 botanical book. This one is wonderfully monochromatic with all of the various shades of green. There is a high resolution printable as well as the flowers on a plain white background.
9) Lily Botanical. This is a stunning botanical print of a bright pink and white lily. This one came out of an 1870′s gardening book. There is a large instant art printable as well as a smaller version with the background removed. This one is perfect for card making, decoupage, and other craft projects.
10) Lavender Botanical. This lovely lavender botanical is from an 1852 encyclopedia of useful and ornamental plants. It shows three purple flower stems and leaves. This would be wonderful for labels for bath and body products or great for sachets.
11) Gorgeous Ferns. This pretty fern botanical is from the 1850’s. It shows a fern through a few stages of its life cycle and includes its roots. This one is in a few different shades of green and has a lovely textured sepia background.
12) Caladium Leaf. This ornamental leaf is from the 1860’s and shows a single heart shaped caladium leaf. The leaf is a pretty dark green with bright green veining and lovely white spots. This pretty leaf would look lovely in a group with my other leaf printables.
13) Christmas Tree Printable. This lovely print shows a huge pine tree in its natural setting with mountains in the background. A couple sits on a log in the foreground. The colors on this one are softer green, grey and brown tones.
14) Daisy Botanical. This is a very sweet daisy botanical from the 1850’s. The image shows a daisy from the front, one from the back, and a bud. The hand colored image shows springy green leaves with white petals and a bright yellow flower center.
EGGS, NESTS & FEATHERS
15) Egg Collection Print. This is a favorite egg print from my collection, circa 1843. The print shows 24 eggs in all shapes and sizes with the greatest speckled patterns. The print has shades of blues, greens, and tans.
16) Two Speckled Eggs. This one is a gorgeous antique Morris egg print! I just love the aqua color on the second Egg and all of the speckles on both of them. I decided to leave the raggedy edge on this one, for those that do collage or mixed media work. If you’re framing this, you can just cut the edge off.
17) Feather Print. This is a lovely print from a French Dictionary. The print includes a bunch of feathers and images of the birds they came from in a variety of colors and shapes on a natural sepia-toned background. The peacock and ostrich plumes are my favorites!
18) Spring Nest Printable. This image shows a brown nest built in tall green grasses by the Towhee bunting. There are four adorable white speckled eggs in the nest too! This comes from a rare 1880′s natural history bird book in my collection!
19) Bird Nests and Eggs Print. This amazing German print dates to 1843 and shows a variety of different types of nests and eggs. There are six different shaped nests and a bunch of eggs in different shapes and sizes laid out on a sepia toned background. The eggs are in shades of light blues, greys and browns.
20) Antique Nest with Egg Printable. This rare antique Morris natural history print shows a round nest in branches with a few light green leaves. A lone speckled egg is suspended above the nest.
FRUIT & VEGETABLES
21) Botanical Pears. This gorgeous botanical print shows a golden yellow pear with a pair of leaves. The print also shows the pear cut in half with seeds visible. This beautiful print would look lovely framed in a living area or kitchen.
22) Kitchen Vegetables Print. This wonderful botanical printable shows some lovely vibrant vegetables, including a bright green cabbage, a turnip and cauliflower. This would look great framed and hanging in a kitchen. This image was scanned from an 1860 antique British botanicals book in my collection.
23) Chili Pepper Printable. I just love this fabulous bright red chili pepper botanical print. This one shows the chili plant with green leaves and white flowers. There is a small green pepper on the vine and a full size red pepper. This is a Circa 1829 rare print by G. Spratt. This would look lovely in a kitchen.
24) Gorgeous Cherries. This lovely print shows two sets of cherries, a deeper red variety, and a light red variety. The clusters are hanging on a branch. This one came from an old educational fruit grower’s book from the early 1900’s.
25) British Mushroom Species Print. This fabulous vintage mushroom printable shows an assortment of different mushrooms. Included are a common mushroom, a chantarelle and a morell. This one was scanned from a circa 1860′s antique British botanical book. The paper has aged to perfection with its brown aged edges; such a great patina on this one.
26) Black Olives Printable. This one is a great looking botanical print circa 1887. Featured is a branch of Mission Olives, which are a dark black color. The leaves are a nice dark green. Wouldn’t this look great in a Tuscan Style Kitchen?
27) Green Grapes. This antique print shows a bunch of plump juicy looking green grapes with a dark green leaves. The background is a nice aged sepia tone. I think this one would look great in a kitchen, or displayed near bottles of great wine!
28) Artichoke and Rhubarb Print. This marvelous antique print shows a lovely green artichoke and a stalk of rhubarb. The artichoke is rendered in soft green tones and the rhubarb is a nice bright red. This one is back from the 1860’s and would look lovely framed up and hung in a kitchen.
BUTTERFLIES AND OTHER WINGED CREATURES
29) Orange and Brown Butterflies and Moths. This lovely antique print shows nine butterflies and moths artfully arranged on a sepia toned background. I love the variety in color and wing shape on these! The butterflies are all in tones of orange, rust, red, and brown. A few have nice blue accents.
30) Bohemian Butterflies. This lovely French print shows a nice selection of colorful butterflies. There are several stalks of plants and leaves, and a yellow flower stalk. The butterflies are all different colors and sizes; the chartreuse butterflies are my favorites! The variety on this image makes me think of Anthropologie!
31) Honey Bees Instant Art. This one is a fun old engraving of flowers in black and white with three varieties of honey bees in mid flight, ready to land. I love the contrast of the bees in color against the black and white flowers in the background.
32) White Butterflies. This is an antique natural history print of white butterflies dates to around the 1880’s. I love the different shades of cream to yellow in the butterflies and the five different wing patterns. I also love the little green caterpillar and chrysalis at the bottom.
33) Flying Bats. This one is a great print of two bats flying through the night sky. The bats are hand colored in brown, with a black and white etching of a castle, some rocks, and grass in the background. The print is from the 1840’s and would make perfect framed art for Halloween!
34) Blue Butterflies. Include on this print are some lovely butterflies, in soft blues, greens, periwinkle, brown, and a creamy one too! There’s some wonderful typography on the page as well. This one dates to the mid 1800′s and came from France.
35) Map of Rome. This full size printable shows a wonderful map of Rome from an old Atlas. The streets are labeled, with major features marked in red and dark green. The Tiber River cuts through the center of the map and is blue.
36) Armillary Etching. This superb early print is of an armillary sphere on a stand. Armillaries tracked the paths of objects in the sky. There is the original version with sepia tones and age marks, it also shows mountains in the background and a person standing off to the left. There is also a black and white version of just the armillary.
37) Western Hemisphere Map. This map shows a circular globe with latitudinal and longitudinal lines, highlighting the western hemisphere. The oceans are in bright blue, and the continents are in shades of pink and yellow. There is also a companion print of the Eastern Hemisphere from the same atlas on the blog as well.
38) World Map. This one is a set of two vintage maps of the world from a 1915 atlas. The prints show a light blue ocean with countries in yellow, pink, orange and green. There are various routes labeled as pink lines on the images too. These would look great framed side by side in an office.
39) French Astronomy Print. This one is a fabulous vintage French astronomy print with white images on a black background. This print comes from a circa 1874 French astronomy book. This shows earth’s rotation around the sun. I just love the contrast of the white etching on the black background.
40) French Swallow Print. This print shows three lovely swallows. Two birds are flying and one is perched on a little branch. The birds are in beautiful shades of browns and grays and one had a touch of red on his face feathers.
41) Bullfinch on Branch. This beautiful 1830’s hand colored bird print, shows a beautifully colored Bullfinch on a black and white engraved branch. The branch looks like it might be a Cherry Blossom. The bird has tones of black, peach and a purple-grey. So stunning!
42) Stunning Peacock Print. This antique print features a male peacock sitting on a branch etching. This lovely 3/4 view of the peacock showing the full body of the peacock in a deep sapphire blue, with his lovely flowing tail hanging down.
43) Cute Vintage Owl Printable. This is an Antique Natural History Print from my collection and it dates to Circa 1870. This owl is called a Little Owl and has a very sweet face, with a yellow beak and eyes. This one would be great for fall or Halloween DIY projects.
44) Gorgeous Rooster. This one is a full size printable of a rooster that comes from an antique book. The full color print shows a rooster on the top of a hill. He has a bright read feathered head and waddle. The flower pattern on this rooster is just beautiful, in shades of yellow, grey and black.
45) Lithograph with Six Birds. This is an amazing natural history bird print circa 1879. The lithography shows a group of six different birds on branches and a fence. The birds look like they are from the finch and canary families, and are in pretty shades of bright yellow, reds, and browns.
46) Coffee Spoons Print. This fantastic coffee spoons printable was scanned from an antique silverware catalog. The print shows a collection of 15 silver coffee spoons, in all different patterns, fanned out in an oval shape. If you look closely you will see that each of the pattern names are next to the spoon. Some are very ornate and some are quite plain.
47) French Settees. This is a circa 1850′s Paris print of two elegant ornate French settees. There are such amazing details on these ornate settee images, from the tassels, to the pillows, to the floral swags and garlands. I’ve included the original Sepia toned version, with all of its ageing and patina intact and a black and white version as well.
48) Children’s Dresses. This image is a page from the circa 1855 Godey’s Ladies Book. Shown are a girl’s party dress and a little boy’s suit, among others. These black and white etchings have so much detail and show off all the ruffles, lace and adornments to the fancy children’s clothing.
49) Tooth Brush Art. This instant art printable shows nine different styles of vintage tooth brushes lined up. You may not necessarily think of toothbrushes as being adorable, but these are pretty darned cute. How cute would this be to print up and frame and hang it in your bathroom?
50) Vintage Bathtub Printable. This fantastic vintage bathtub printable is from an 1897 catalog filled with plumbing supplies and fixtures. The black and white bathtub has claw feet and stylish stripes on it. There is a huge shower head and some lovely ceramic tile on the wall. Such a classic looking image, perfect to print and hang on a bathroom wall.
51) Fabulous Monkey. This antique natural history print, features such a gorgeous looking monkey! This cute monkey is climbing on a branch. He is in dark brown, with what looks like grey stripes on his face, and deep brown eyes. I just love the details on this print, including how the individual hairs of his fur are drawn in.
52) Sheep and Pigs Print. This one is from an antique dictionary and shows a large grouping of sheep and pigs lined up in neat rows. This black and white etching likely identified various breeds of livestock. I just love the varieties shown in this printable!
53) Farmhouse Style Cow Print. This is a circa late 1800′s chromolithograph print showing some lovely cattle, in all different colors. According to the info on it, from left to right, we have a Zebu or Brahmin Bull, an Alderney Cow, Scotch Cattle and a Durham Cow. I thought this would look fabulous in a vintage style farmhouse kitchen wall!
54) Reindeer in Snow Print. This is an extraordinary 1860′s natural history print that shows a scene of some beautiful reindeer wandering through a snowy forest. The color print is done in shades of brown, tan, and black and white. You can frame this one right up, or I’m sure you’ll find some uses for your Christmas and holiday projects.
55) Tiger Family Print. This one is a splendid vintage tigers printable! The print shows a mother and father tiger laying down with three cubs in the grass in front of a rocky den. The detailed drawing is done in shades of orange, green and brown. What a wonderful print for jungle-themed decor.
56) Horse Diagram Print. This nice looking vintage horse print is from an antique dictionary. The black and white diagram shows 15 different horses of various light and heavy breeds. This would be a perfect art printable framed up for a horse lover or animal lover.
I hope you enjoy my 50+ Favorite Free Wall Art Printables! I hope these inspire you to create some new artwork for your spaces. Don’t forget there are plenty more instant art printables in the archives for you to browse too! Enjoy!
Welcome, I’m so glad you’re here! Browse around to find thousands of Stock Images that you can use in your projects or designs! I post new Vintage images every day, as well as projects and DIY’s too! Need more info about my site? Try my FAQ page.